PGF Gamers
Hi, and thanks for visiting =D

Login to post in forums and become more than a member!

Please wait a moment for the chatbox to load ;D
PGF Gamers
Hi, and thanks for visiting =D

Login to post in forums and become more than a member!

Please wait a moment for the chatbox to load ;D
PGF Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the fun begins!

Homedead forum =(SearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
!!!!I am considering a full site overhaul to re-do everything. I will discuss with the other staff. If it happens the forum may go down for a day or two-Trevor!!!!

Need help with comp.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lordsmell
lieutenant colonel
lieutenant colonel

Number of posts : 20
ranking : 5548
forum activity : 0
Registration date : 2009-03-09

game sheet
activity rating:
Need help with comp. Left_bar_bleue0/0Need help with comp. Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Need help with comp. Empty
PostSubject: Need help with comp.   Need help with comp. EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 3:37 pm

Hi. umm if you could help me out here with making my comp run faster, smoother, and better for games please do help me cuz my comp is slowwww when i play games.... i use vista if that helps.. i can't remove it atm.........soo yeah please try to help me out here
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Need help with comp.   Need help with comp. EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 7:15 am

Back to top Go down
viper2rcade
Colonel
Colonel
viper2rcade

Male
Number of posts : 222
ranking : 5694
Registration date : 2009-01-09

game sheet
activity rating:
Need help with comp. Left_bar_bleue100/100Need help with comp. Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

PostSubject: do this simply   Need help with comp. EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 11:42 am

ok you probably need a ram upgrade,

if you want to speed up your PC

then go to control panel

performance and maintanence

and then visual settings and then untick all the boxes EXCEPT:

show shadows under menus

and these (the ones shown in the picture):

Need help with comp. These10
Back to top Go down
http://www.cssexample.vndv.com
viper2rcade
Colonel
Colonel
viper2rcade

Male

game sheet
activity rating:
Need help with comp. Left_bar_bleue100/100Need help with comp. Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Need help with comp.   Need help with comp. EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 11:42 am

if that doesnt work get a programme called rambooster 2.0
Back to top Go down
Lordsmell
lieutenant colonel
lieutenant colonel

game sheet
activity rating:
Need help with comp. Left_bar_bleue0/0Need help with comp. Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Need help with comp.   Need help with comp. EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 4:18 pm

aight il try all that
Back to top Go down
Lordsmell
lieutenant colonel
lieutenant colonel

game sheet
activity rating:

PostSubject: Re: Need help with comp.   Need help with comp. EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 4:31 pm

i did the first thing u said, im not sure if its working or not, i downloaded the ram booster and idk how to use it.
Back to top Go down
viper2rcade
Colonel
Colonel
viper2rcade

Male

game sheet
activity rating:

PostSubject: Re: Need help with comp.   Need help with comp. EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 7:25 am

basically when you download rambooster,

set it to these settings:

Need help with comp. To_the10

also when it first starts click optimize.

also can you post what your ram is, and what is your computer model?

atleast tell me if it is a laptop or desktop, it would be really helpful.
Back to top Go down
Lordsmell
lieutenant colonel
lieutenant colonel

game sheet
activity rating:

PostSubject: Re: Need help with comp.   Need help with comp. EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 8:36 pm

ok before i do any of that il tell you my info first my ram is: 1GB
model is uhh idk where it is its a compaq computer with vista on it i know...
and its a computer or desktop according to ur options..
Back to top Go down
viper2rcade
Colonel
Colonel
viper2rcade

Male

game sheet
activity rating:

PostSubject: Re: Need help with comp.   Need help with comp. EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 9:32 am

ok 1gb ram is a minumu for vista so it will obviosly work slowly, im sorry but you can see in most place that 1gb ram is a minimum, if you find your model number for your PC i can tell you how to speed up your PC.
Back to top Go down
Lordsmell
lieutenant colonel
lieutenant colonel

game sheet
activity rating:

PostSubject: Re: Need help with comp.   Need help with comp. EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 2:34 pm

is it the long line of letters and numbers because if it is its: ER100AA-ABA SR1625NX NA540
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Need help with comp.   Need help with comp. EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 9:48 pm

The idea that removing shadows from windows will speed up your games is moronic.

Don't confuse tech support with just googling random shit about computers.

It depends on what game you're desperately trying to speed up. If it's a game way beyond your system specs then no matter how much you try to speed your computer up you will not be able to run it. You can't play Crysis just because you increased your paging file and turned the mouse shadow off.

Some games are better optimized than others. Take COD 4 for example. That game is beautifully optimized, running smoothly on a range of computers, both high-end and low-end. Whereas KOTOR doesn't run that well no matter what computer you use.

Set every single graphical option you can to the lowest it can go within the game, decrease the resolution, etc. If you're trying to play the game on the max settings you and still want speed you need more RAM and a better graphics card.

There is no miracle tweak to speed up your computer. Anyone that tells you otherwise is misinformed.
Back to top Go down
viper2rcade
Colonel
Colonel
viper2rcade

Male

game sheet
activity rating:

PostSubject: Re: Need help with comp.   Need help with comp. EmptyFri May 01, 2009 9:05 am

i think i know that, i was only giving advice to help him speed up his PC, if he wants to play games like crysis,

he needs to upgrade his graphics card, his GPU, his CPU and he would need more ram. (to play on full settings is near impossible)

i was giving advice to speed up his PC.
Back to top Go down
Lordsmell
lieutenant colonel
lieutenant colonel

game sheet
activity rating:

PostSubject: Re: Need help with comp.   Need help with comp. EmptySat May 02, 2009 9:38 am

ok i here you all i just need it faster for my games such as soldierfront, warcraft 3, counterstrike source if u can make it a bit faster in any way or form plz tell me but other wise i understand what u guys are telling me.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Need help with comp.   Need help with comp. EmptySat May 02, 2009 12:47 pm

Lordsmell wrote:
ok i here you all i just need it faster for my games such as soldierfront, warcraft 3, counterstrike source if u can make it a bit faster in any way or form plz tell me but other wise i understand what u guys are telling me.

If you understood what I said you would realize there is no miracle tweak to speed up your games. Turn every graphical option down. If it's still slow your computer is a piece of shit and should be sacrificed to Airman.
Back to top Go down
Lordsmell
lieutenant colonel
lieutenant colonel

game sheet
activity rating:

PostSubject: Re: Need help with comp.   Need help with comp. EmptySat May 02, 2009 1:29 pm

ok calm down there bucko but i got ya
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need help with comp.   Need help with comp. Empty

Back to top Go down

Need help with comp.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
PGF Gamers :: Computers and Internet :: Computers :: Windows-
Jump to: