PGF Gamers
Hi, and thanks for visiting =D

Login to post in forums and become more than a member!

Please wait a moment for the chatbox to load ;D
PGF Gamers
Hi, and thanks for visiting =D

Login to post in forums and become more than a member!

Please wait a moment for the chatbox to load ;D
PGF Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the fun begins!

Homedead forum =(SearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
!!!!I am considering a full site overhaul to re-do everything. I will discuss with the other staff. If it happens the forum may go down for a day or two-Trevor!!!!

LittleBigPlanet

Go down 
2 posters

would you get LBP?
 yes
 no
 maybe
 if-i-had-a-PS3
 if-it-was-on-PSP
 already-have-it!
View results
AuthorMessage
viper2rcade
Colonel
Colonel
viper2rcade

Male
Number of posts : 222
ranking : 5701
forum activity : 0
Registration date : 2009-01-09

game sheet
activity rating:
LittleBigPlanet Left_bar_bleue100/100LittleBigPlanet Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

LittleBigPlanet Empty
PostSubject: LittleBigPlanet   LittleBigPlanet EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 11:21 am

LittleBigPlanet
Sony Computer Entertainment
(Playstation 3)

short summary:

LittleBIGPlanet is a unique PS3 game combining platform adventure with a huge community enabling gamers to play, create & share their experiences.

The LittleBigPlanet experience starts with players learning about their character’s powers to interact physically with the environment. There are obstacles to explore, bits and pieces to collect and puzzles to solve – requiring a combination of brains and collaborative teamwork. As players begin to explore, their creative skills will grow and they will be ready to start creating and modifying their surroundings – the first step to sharing them with the whole community.

Characters have the power to move anything in this glued and stitched-together landscape;

LittleBigPlanet Sackgirl

they have the power to design, shape and build both objects and entire locations for others to play.

There’s no complicated level editor; all of these skills can be learnt by simply playing the game. Creativity is part of the gameplay experience and playing is part of the creative experience. Players can make their world as open or as secretive to explore as they like.

When it’s ready, they can invite anyone within the LittleBigPlanet community to come and explore their patch – or can go and explore everybody else’s.

LittleBigPlanet Awards
A list of the honors that Little Big Plant has received (and it's not even released yet!)

GameSpot's Game of the Show
(Overall Winner) GameSpot's Best Platformer Award
(Overall Winner) GameSpot's Best on PS3 Award
(Overall Winner) IGN's Award for Technical Excellence
(Overall Winner) IGN's Award for Most Innovative Design (Overall Winner) IGN's Award for
Best Artistic Design for a PS3 Game (Overall Winner)
Best Original Game
LittleBigPlanet
(Media Molecule/Sony Computer Entertainment Europe for PS3) Best Original Game
- Little Big Planet (Media Molecule/SCEE for PS3) Best Game of E3
X-Play's award for Little Big Planet.

detailed summary:

Little Big Planet examines the very nature of games -- the dialogue between creators and players and the relationships possible between them. It lifts the curtain of design as we know it, allowing the beautiful brains of everyone involved to spill out in a two-way conduit of creativity. Yes, it's the most charming game that I've ever played, and it's one of the most enjoyable. But the real beauty of LBP is even less tangible: creative empowerment at its finest and an unparalleled motivator to want to create.

First impressions are everything, and within a few short minutes of picking up LBP, you know that you're dealing with something special. The simple, one-level tutorial/opening credits immediately set the tone, with actor Stephen Fry helming the narration, British wit fully intact -- dry, cheeky and all. And while you can't miss Sackboy's darling visage printed right on the box art, the simple act of making him run around for the first time will warm your heart and make you smile. He's one of the most adorably iconic characters in recent memory, with the perfect shade of brown stitching, two shiny black eyes, some stubby limbs, and a zipper up the front. Like many other aspects of LBP's austere design, the Sackpeople are immediately likable and recognizable -- and they never lose their charm, no matter how you dress and decorate them.

LittleBigPlanet 562

At face value, LBP is a left-to-right side-scroller -- Mario with even fewer options. You can jump, you can grab, and that's it. It's purposefully focused design at its finest, and it puts the spotlight on the interesting environments. Spread over eight worlds, LBP's story mode features some of the most endearing 2D levels in modern gaming, packed with secrets and even sporting a few devious bosses. Sackboy trots the globe to African, Japanese, Indian, and Southwest-American locales (to name a few), each thematically distinct and sporting tons of individual objects and artwork. The main exploration quirk is in the triad of 2D movement planes that each world's divided into. While the game is supposed to handle the act of hopping from a background object to a foreground object automatically, it's not 100 percent reliable; I found it easier (and more effective) to just do it manually each time. Other than that, the simplicity endears and perseveres, and the perilously clever levels kept me smiling straight through to the end (and then again with a friend...and once more in the hilariously hectic four-player co-op mode).

The story levels serve another purpose, too; any objects and stickers that you collect unlock in LBP's level creator -- where the real adventure begins. This ridiculously powerful suite of tools and decorations allows you to create almost anything of your own and share it with the world. Platformers are a good starting point -- but why stop there? Within a scant few hours of consumption, I played through logic games, murder mysteries, music videos, and more. Making good levels takes time and patience, but the creative satisfaction is immense. It's easy to get lost in the potential and spend time away from LBP simply dreaming up new things to try.

LittleBigPlanet 560

The editor itself takes some getting used to; more than anything else, it's simply overwhelming. You might just start by dumping random objects, shapes, and mechanisms into an empty level, simply to watch their physics play out and get a handle on how to use them. And maybe some aspect of what you've thrown together will jell, serving as inspiration for an entire adventure. Or maybe you'll come in more determined -- you want to make a working, rideable dinosaur, and you won't quit until you've done so. Or maybe you don't have a creative bone in your body; well, my friend, at least you have an endless number of other people's minds to explore.

Sure, such freedom inevitably yields plenty of "bad" results, but thanks to an elegant "favorites" system, many of the best creations are only a few clicks away. You can browse friends' favorite levels, other levels made by your favorite creators, their favorite levels, or simply throw a few words into the search and see what pops up. It's easy to get lost in the chain of results, playing "just one more level" regardless of how well they're executed. Like any game driven by player-created content, it's impossible to predict the future, but I'd bet my beard that LBP won't die off anytime soon.

LittleBigPlanet 563

Of course, all the content in the world won't matter if it's not inherently enjoyable to sift through. And while the controls aren't flawless (jumps could be a hair tighter), LBP is an audiovisual knockout; the hip patchwork aesthetic, phenomenally funky soundtrack, and instantly lovable Sackpeople all cohere into one of the most universally likable presentations of...well, anything I've ever seen. And with full USB camera support for bringing in new stickers and textures, even the appearance isn't set in stone.

The most important lesson I learned in high school came from my philosophy teacher, citing Leo Tolstoy: Art is infectiousness. Never before in gaming have I seen a better example of such infectious joy, infectious creativity, and (even at this early stage) an infectiously excited community.

from viper2rcade ( a little big planet fan!)
Back to top Go down
http://www.cssexample.vndv.com
Truls
Colonel
Colonel
Truls

Male
Number of posts : 131
Humor : Be appropriate
ranking : 5594
forum activity : 0
Registration date : 2009-01-12

game sheet
activity rating:
LittleBigPlanet Left_bar_bleue999/999LittleBigPlanet Empty_bar_bleue  (999/999)

LittleBigPlanet Empty
PostSubject: Hahaha ..   LittleBigPlanet EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 9:47 am

Heh, i don't have a PS3 Razz
So i could not get it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.trulslangfjell.piczo.com

LittleBigPlanet
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
PGF Gamers :: Downloads :: Games-
Jump to: